Community Services

Required Documents for Rental Assistance

Documentation REQUIRED with Application



  • A COPY of the last four most recent paycheck stubs for you and any other household member who will be occupying the home.  The paycheck stubs must have the year to date gross income listed.  If you are paid in cash or by personal check, you must provide a letter from your employer stating your year to date pay.  This letter must be on company letterhead. Phone and fax number of employer for verification.



  • A COPY of all other sources of income for ALL members of the household, including but not limited to current Social Security/SSI benefit letter and Unemployment checks/stateme Child support or alimony requires child support agreement and divorce decree as evidence of payment, and any other retirement pension statements.

  • A COPY, for ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS, Six month of bank statements for all checking accounts, savings accounts, money market, employer card, reload cards, etc.

  • A COPY of your Texas Driver’s license or Texas picture identification for each adult members (18 years and older) of the house Out of State Driver’s license or ID’s are not acceptable. Passports are not sufficient.

  • A COPY of social security card for all household members

  • A COPY of birth certificates for all household members under the age of 18.

  • A COPY of most recent year tax return for each adult member (18 years and older).

  • A COPY of proof of hardship (job loss, loss of hours, loss of income, increase in expense, etc.).

  • A COPY of proof of future management (increase in hours, additional income, etc.).

  • A COPY of lease or deed or mortgage statements.

  • Letter of delinquency from landlord